Last Updated on Tuesday, 10 May 2011 19:13
.75 mile swim, 10 mile mountain bike, 3.1 mile trail run
Sunday, July 31, 2011 - 9 AM Start
XTERRA Race at the Rez is back for its 4th year and is one of over 50 point’s series races held in the United States. Competitors earn points based on their finishing place. Racers use these points to vie for the title of XTERRA Regional Champion thus qualifying for the XTERRA USA Championship held in Utah at the end of the 2011 season.
We had made changes to the course for the 2010 race and have had had great feedback regarding the changes. XTERRA Race At The Rez had the highest racer satisfaction rating in the Northeast and was tied for second place in overall XTERRA ratings. Click the link below to read what racers were saying about the 2010 XTERRA Race At The Rez.
· Beautiful course
· Beautiful clean/clear water to swim in.
· Plenty of lifeguards/boats on the course
· This was absolutely the best mountain bike race course ever - including the national and world venues. The nationals should come here!!!
· It was marked perfectly; your aids were amazing and great spirited. Course was hard, but a ton of fun!
· Changes made from the previous year made the course much better. Although difficult sections were removed, the remaining trail still contain plenty of challenging terrain.
· I liked the bike course. It was well marked and definitely XTERRA. It was very technical but not so technical that there were sections that were completely un-rideable.
· Fantastic. I love that it was totality ridable this year with no mandatory dismount sections.
· Again, course changes were an improvement. The previous run course was somewhat mild, so adding a hill climb and some single track was appropriate for an XTERRA race.
· Tough run course, but really fun too. A few more markers would have confirmed that I was on the right track.
· Marked very well, tough run but great time!
Over ALL Race Experience
· Everyone was so friendly, nice, and supportive.
· I think overall it was a great race. The bike is tough for any first timer though. Race director was clear and precise on race meeting. Started right on time. Good job, great time in VT.
· Availability of tent camping the night before the race is a nice touch. The option to save a few bucks by not getting a hotel room makes me more likely to travel longer distances for these races. Overall, the race was run extremely well and the course was a lot of fun.
· This was my first triathlon and I had a blast! It was hard but I will definitely do it again! Thanks for all the support, cheering, and respect!